[Mimedefang] little changes - big troubles

hans mayer hans.mayer at relay.bfl.at
Thu Apr 11 10:00:33 EDT 2002

hi all

yesterday i invested half a day to figure out my filter problem.
i did instell sm 8.12.3 and md 2.6 on a system md never was installed.
default filter config did work immediatly.
then i changed as mailed befor and run into troubles. changing to
multiplexor did not change the situation.
now i did isolate, that "action_quarantine" as last action in
"sub filter" could be the problem. here 2 examples:

the first works well. of course is makes absolutly no sense to
make 2 accept's.
-----
sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    if (re_match_ext($entity, '^\.(abc|doc|xyz)$')) {
        return action_accept();
    }

    return action_accept();
}
-----
now i changed action_accept to action_quarantine
looks like this:
-----
sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    if (re_match_ext($entity, '^\.(abc|doc|xyz)$')) {
        return action_accept();
    }

    return action_quarantine($entity, "An attachment named $fname was
removed - tst msg .\n");
}
-----
now i get my 4.7.1 try again later .. Hmmm :-(((
maybe somebody can test exactly my filter, if it
is comprehensible.

here my environment:
perl, v5.6.1
IO-stringy 2.108