[Mimedefang] mimedefang 2.5 with Sendmail 8.12.3

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Apr 10 10:57:33 EDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Rich West wrote:

> I'm in the same situation:  On our test machine, I upgraded to the
> latest sendmail without re-building MimeDefang, and everything is still
> processing properly.  I'm wondering if a re-build of MimeDefang is truly
> required...

According to the Sendmail docs (http://www.sendmail.org/8.12.3.html)

LIBMILTER: Remove conversion of port number for the socket
	structure that is passed to xxfi_connect().  Notice:
	this fix requires that sendmail and libmilter have both
	this change, mixing versions may lead to wrong port
	values depending on the endianness of the involved systems.
	Problem noted by Gisle Aas of ActiveState.

My guess is that if you're using a TCP socket on mixed-endian
architectures, you need to relink; otherwise, you're probably OK.