[Mimedefang] Can't make MIMEDefang 2.2 Beta 2 either

Gerry Doris gerry at dorfam.ca
Fri Nov 30 07:42:35 EST 2001

I don't understand this at all.

I completely installed sendmail 8.12.1 from source.  It is working.  As
part of the install I did compile and install libsm.a.  It is also where
it is supposed to be along with the other libs.

I added the -lsm after libsmutil.a and the mimedefang make still fails at
the same spot.

I noticed in the list archives that another person had exactly the same
problem but there was no response back as to whether they found a fix or
not?  I couldn't find their email address from the list message to contact
them directly.

I'll try again this weekend but I really don't know where to start???

Gerry

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, David F. Skoll wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Gerry Doris wrote:
>
> > Any suggestions would be really appreciated!
>
> There should be a "-lsm" on the link line (probably after the
> libsmutil.a).  I have no idea why it isn't working for you, because
> I too built it on a fresh Red Hat 7.2 box.  Did you compile/install
> libsm.a?  That's the library which contains strlcpy and friends.
>
> --
> David.

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne" Chaucer