Antwort: Re: [Mimedefang] Problems with the mimedefang filter and email transferred trough ISDN !!!

F.Skale at mainwork.com F.Skale at mainwork.com
Tue Nov 20 13:36:58 EST 2001

The connection is 64/Kbit.
What timeout should i use ? (2 Minutes)
Thx.

Franz

Franz Skale
mainwork information technology AG
IT-Services
Tech Gate Vienna
Donaucitystrasse 1
A-1220 Wien
Tel: +43 1 333 48 58-0
Fax: +43 1 333 48 58-24
e-mail: f.skale at mainwork.com
Internet: http://www.mainwork.com

                    "David F. Skoll"
                    <dfs at roaringpenguin.com>               An:     <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
                    Gesendet von:                          Kopie:
                    mimedefang-admin at lists.roaringp        Thema:  Re: [Mimedefang] Problems with the mimedefang filter and email
                    enguin.com                             transferred trough ISDN !!!

                    20.11.2001 18:57
                    Bitte antworten an mimedefang

On Tue, 20 Nov 2001 F.Skale at mainwork.com wrote:

> If users from the local net send e-mails there's no problem, but if a
user
> connected to ISDN send an email with a longer attachment of 3 MB than the
> filter is running into a timeout.

If the ISDN is 128kb/s, then 3MB will take about 24 seconds to transfer,
and maybe that is why it's timing out.  It works for local users because
their transfer time is much lower (I assume they are directly connected
by Ethernet.)

> The filter is run thousands of times but don't transfer ist to the queue.
> I altered the timeout busy parm to 1000 secons and the idle timeout to 10
> seconds.

You will probably have to increase the timeouts in the sendmail.cf file
also.  Please read the Sendmail milter documentation (README in libmilter;
look at the "T=" equate.)