[Mimedefang] MimeDefang for Dec Unix 5.1

Steve Lowe Steve.Lowe at aurora.edu
Fri Dec 21 22:30:34 EST 2001

OK --

I am probably really stretching MimeDefang, but I am trying to compile it
on a Dec Alpha -- Tru64 - Version 5.1.  I am having problem with the
linker - unresolved errors.

Here is my configuration file and the results of the compile process:

Script started on Fri Dec 21 21:18:25 2001
# ./configure
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for perl... /usr/local/bin/perl
checking for nm... /usr/bin/nm
checking for Perl module MIME::Tools 5.410 ()... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::WordDecoder... ok
checking for Perl module Digest::SHA1... ok
checking for Perl module Sys::Syslog... ok
checking for getopt.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -pthread... no
checking for res_init in -lresolv... yes
checking for htons in -lsocket... no
checking for gethostbyname in -lnsl... no
checking for pthread_once in -lpthread... no
checking for libmilter/mfapi.h... /usr/local/include/sendmail/libmilter/mfapi.h
checking for antivir... /bin/false
checking for uvscan... /bin/false
checking for sweep... /usr/local/bin/sweep
checking for AvpLinux... /bin/false
checking for libmilter.a... /usr/local/lib/libmilter.a
checking for libsmutil.a... /usr/local/lib/libsmutil.a
checking for libsm.a... /usr/local/lib/libsm.a
checking for wvHtml... NOTFOUND
checking for mail... /usr/bin/mail
checking for sendmail... /usr/sbin/sendmail
checking for rm... /sbin/rm

*** Virus scanner detection results:
H+BEDV 'antivir'     NO (not found)
NAI    'uvscan'      NO (not found)
Sophos 'sweep'       YES - /usr/local/bin/sweep
AVP    'AvpLinux'    NO (not found)

checking whether libmilter requires -lsfio... no
checking whether libmilter requires -lsm... yes
checking whether libsm requires -lldap... no
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating mimedefang.pl
creating word-to-html
creating config.h
# make
gcc -g -O2  -o mimedefang mimedefang.o /usr/local/lib/libmilter.a /usr/local/lib/libsmutil.a -lresolv  -lsm
/usr/bin/ld:
Unresolved:
__pthread_mutex_lock
__pthread_mutex_unlock
__pthread_mutex_init
__pthread_mutex_destroy
__pthread_create
pthread_sigmask
_Psigwait
__pthread_detach
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Exit 1
Stop.
#

script done on Fri Dec 21 21:19:11 2001

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance, even if I am NO on a linux platform.

 - Steve Lowe
   Aurora University