[Mimedefang] RE: Can Mimedefang 1.4 ?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Dec 20 21:27:06 EST 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Anthony Giggins wrote:

> Can mimedefang 1.4 block on the contents of the body of an email?

Yes.  You can open up the file $entity->bodyhandle->path from inside
filter() and read the part, or you can open the file "./INPUTMSG" and
read the entire (un-decoded) original mail message.

> And also how would I setup a filter that forwards emails with a certain
> attachment extension to a specific email address?

Upgrade to MIMEDefang 2.2, and use the add_recipient function to add a
recipient to the e-mail.  You can also use the resend_message function.
Neither of these exist in 1.4, however.