[Mimedefang] Support for Openantivirus

Kurt Huwig kurt at iku-netz.de
Wed Dec 19 17:29:55 EST 2001

Hi!

I added support for OpenAntivirus' (http://www.openantivirus.org)
ScannerDaemon to AMaViS. A user of OAV requested a plugin for
MIMEDefang. IMHO, this should be not that problem, as both AMaViS and
MIMEDefang are written in Perl.

This is the code I use to let OAV scan the mails:

use IO::Socket;
my $sock = IO::Socket::INET->new('127.0.0.1:8127');
if (defined $sock) {
	$sock->print("SCAN $TEMPDIR/parts\n");
	$sock->flush;
	chomp($output = $sock->getline);
	$sock->close;
	if ($output =~ /^FOUND: /) {
		@virusname = ($output =~ /FOUND: (.+)/g);
		do_virus($output);
	}
} else {
	do_log(0,"Virus scanner failure: can't connect to daemon");
}

The ScannerDaemon listens on port 8127; AMaViS has all parts of the mail
in $TEMPDIR/parts. As I have not much knowledge of Perl or even
MIMEDefang, could someone with a better knowledge include this in
MIMEDefang?

To get the ScannerDaemon running, please read the ScannerDaemon-HOWTO at:

http://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=10590

Greetings,

Kurt
--
Kurt Huwig               iKu Netzwerklösungen   http://www.iku-netz.de/
Gesellschafter           Am Römerkastell 4      Telefon 0681/96751-0