[Mimedefang] perl module problem

Ray Phillips r.phillips at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Mon Dec 10 07:13:27 EST 2001

Dear MimeDefang:

Sorry if this off topic.  I've installed sendmail 8.12.1 on a
NetBSD/alpha version 1.5.2 system (which has perl 5.005_03 installed)
and was in the process of running mimedefang's configure when I
struck this problem:

% ./configure > configure.log
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for nm... /usr/bin/nm
checking for Perl module MIME::Tools 5.410 ()... ok
checking for Perl module MIME::WordDecoder... ok
checking for Perl module Digest::SHA1... ok
checking for Perl module Sys::Syslog...
*** Error trying to use Perl module Sys::Syslog

*** Make sure the following Perl modules are installed:
*** MIME::Tools version 5.410
*** MIME::WordDecoder
*** Digest::SHA1
*** Sys::Syslog

All of those modules are in installed, with the possible exception of
Sys::Syslog:

% ls -F /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/alpha-netbsd/auto
Digest/      IO-stringy/  MIME/        MIME-tools/  Mail/        Net/

Sys::Syslog isn't mentioned on the Mimedefang Web page.  As far as I
can tell from www.cpan.org it comes standard with perl.  Any idea
what's happened here?

Ray