[Mimedefang] filter example for virus scanners

Steve Ladendorf sladendorf at blakeschool.org
Fri Dec 7 10:26:53 EST 2001

Is there anyone willing to share example filters for use with the
Kaspersky anti virus scanner for Linux.  It must just be because it is
Friday but I'm having some conceptual problems understanding how the
attachment is scanned and result codes passed back to MIMEDefang for
disposition.  What happens if the virus can't be cleaned?  How can I
configure an alert so the MIMEDefang administrator, sender and receiver is
alerted of viruses (cleaned or uncleaned)?  It seems like for all this to
happen the AVPDeamon should not be used and a command line scanner used
instead.

Really, I'm not an idiot.  I'm very familiar with Perl, M4, sendmail and
most thing *nix.  Just a push in the right direction would be great.

I'm running a vanilla RedHat 7.1, MIMEDefang 2.2 and Sendmail 8.12.1.

Steve Ladendorf
    Network Manager
sladendorf at blakeschool.org                                        The
Blake School
"I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by".
  --Douglas Adams (1952-2001)