[Mimedefang] Augh...what am I missing?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Dec 6 02:23:12 EST 2001

    I must be going senile...  I have the following filter:

sub filter {
    my($entity, $fname, $ext, $type) = @_;

    $type =~ tr/A-Z/a-z/;

    if ($type ne "text/plain") {
        action_replace_with_url($entity,
                "/vhosts/attachments",
                "http://vhost.ourdomain.com",
                "An attachment named $fname was removed from this document as it\n" .
                "constituted a security hazard.\n" .
                "It was removed, but may be accessed at this URL:\n\n" .
                "\t_URL_\n");
    }

    return action_accept();
}

    NOTE: our actual domain got replaced with the above url

    Yet, everything I send through it, HTML, attachments, anything, it all passes through like there's nothing there to begin with.  Each message that I've send through so far has the 'X-Scanned-By: MIMEDefang 2.2' line in them, so it's going through the filter, but it's not doing anything.

    So what am I missing?

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Director of Internet Operations / SysAdmin    .     800.441.3873 x130