[Mimedefang] New virus out, how do I confirm no errors?

Mark Roedel MarkRoedel at letu.edu
Wed Dec 5 10:38:36 EST 2001

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Fox, Randy [mailto:Randy_Fox at csgsystems.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 9:20 AM
> To: 'mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com'
> Subject: RE: [Mimedefang] New virus out, how do I confirm no errors?

Perhaps I'm missing something (I'll admit to not yet being a fluent
speaker of Perl), but it doesn't particularly surprise me that this file

> ------_=_NextPart_000_01C17CF5.E1418EAA

would make it past this filter

>     if (re_match_ext($entity,
> '^\.(exe|com|bat|bas|vbs|scr|dll|vxd|pif|reg|lnk|ini)$')) {

Do all of the attachments that your filter missed have a .txt extension
like the one you posted?

---
Mark Roedel           | "Blessed is he who has learned to laugh
Systems Programmer    |  at himself, for he shall never cease
LeTourneau University |  to be entertained."
Longview, Texas, USA  |                          -- John Powell