[Mimedefang] Perl problems with Mimedefang 2.1 on Solaris 6 : Perl process did not finish

Stephane Lentz Stephane.Lentz at ansf.alcatel.fr
Tue Dec 4 15:52:47 EST 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 03:15:26PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote:

> I guess you are not using the multiplexor.  Try giving mimedefang
> the "-d" option.  This will cause it not to delete its working directories.

=> I had already the -d switch.

> Send a message through.  Then run the filter "by hand":
>
> cd /var/spool/MIMEDefang/mdefang-<bunch-of-hex-digits>
> rm -rf Work

=> It was not created so I didn't have to remove it.

> mimedefang.pl .

=> It gave no output but created the Work directory and 2 files : the
text part of my message + the attachment.

> Don't leave mimedefang running with the -d option, or you will quickly
> fill your disk.

=> This is a lab mailserver with 10 messages a day so no problem.

Tomorrow I will use another machine and call some exorcist for the old
one !-)

Regards,

SL/